Police on the hunt following racial attack at Cambridge Tesco

Cambridge constabulary are searching for a man after “racially aggravated assault” at the Tesco near Homerton

abuse attack Cambridge CCTV hill road police racial racist Tab tesco violence

The assault took place last week on the afternoon of Friday 15th January.

The offender verbally abused the man in his twenties with a series of racial slurs and then proceeded to repeatedly shove the victim in the chest, continuously assaulting him while he was on the ground even as he was asked to leave the store.

Detective Constable Eliot Ducket said: “Thankfully the victim was not seriously injured, however he has been left very shaken by what happened.”

The Police have released CCTV images of the man they believe to be the offender.

We need an arrest on aisle three

There was one witness in the CCTV images whom the Cambridgeshire Constabulary are seeking out in an attempt to bring the assailant to justice.

Ducket continued: “I am particularly keen to speak with the man in the CCTV images as I believe he has important information which could assist our investigation.

“I would urge anyone who witnessed the assault, or knows the man in the images, to contact police.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.