TTA POLL: Newcomer

They’re brand spanking new

best newcomer Cambridge Theatre cambridge theatre awards newcomer newcomer awards tab theatre awards TTA

Whilst freshers are more prone to getting lost, getting confused at Cambridge traditions (May Week in June?) and generally just being more of a pain than other students, they have totally smashed the theatre scene this year! Now we celebrate the “best” newcomers.

Please vote for your best-but-not-actually-the-best-more-a-subjective-view-of-a-number-of-respondents newcomer. Congratulations to all!

Emma Blacklay-Piech

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Emma was nominated for her roles in ‘Tis Pity She’s a Whore and Henry IV. She has also starred in Pravda.

Jess Franklin 

This year Jess has been involved in Post Mortem, The Other Line, and played Valerie in Female Personality of the Year.

Joe Pitts 

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Big-name-on-stage (BNOS??) Joe has 12 credits from this year. He most recently performed as Peter in BARE, and also performed in RENT, CUMTS Gala Night, The Witches of Eastwick and Spring Awakening.

Jonah Hauer-King 

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Jonah won our hearts when he took the part of Alan Strang in Equus; you may also recognise him from After Miss Julie, Road and RENT.

James Daly 

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

James has an impressive ten camdram credits to his name and has performed in many musicals including BARE, Sweet Charity, Title of Show and The Witches of Eastwick. 

Lucy Dickson

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Lucy has so far performed with CUMTS in their Gala Night, The Witches of Eastwick and in BARE. She is currently preparing to go to Edinburgh with the cast of Pippin.

Katurah Morrish

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Katurah killed as Jill Morris in Equus; this year has also seen her in Henry IV part 1,The Strip, Osama the Hero, Road and Tamburlaine the Great.

Rebecca Vaa

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Rebecca’s camdram boasts credits including The Quick and the Damned and RENT. She is also the current Tour Manager for the Rickshaw Theatre Project which I’d urge you all to check out.

Kate Marston

Image credit – Johannes Hjorth

Kate has been involved with The Weir, Ajax 440 and Spring Awakening. She is also playing The Bulletproof Wonder in Super which runs this week.

Will Bishop 

Image credit: Johannes Hjorth

Will starred as the Commandant in Way to Heaven, Garry in HEADLINES: A Sketch Show and played Duncan in the ETG 2014/15 tour of Macbeth.

Harrison MacNeil

Image credit – Simon Lock

Harrison made his debut on the Cambridge stage this year. Starting off at the ADC with Kolenkov in You Can’t Take It With You, he also got involved in The 24 Hour Plays, took the part of Jack in The Weir and, most recently, multiple roles in Dreaming with Dali. This is only the beginning.

Who will it be?