Top alternative things to do during May Week

Feeling lost without a May Ball to go to?

Cambridge events May Week Tab what's on

There’s plenty of other activities going on during May Week besides nursing hangovers and drinking Pimms in the park.

THURSDAY 11TH:

• Strawberries and Creem festival: 11am-8pm at Haggis Farm. With a line-up that includes Skepta, Grandmaster Flash, Mungo’s Hi-Fi and My Nu Leng, this festival is shaping up to be one of the must visit events of May Week.
  • Turf feat. Floating Points Dj set: Life from 9pm-6am. Some tickets are still available for this widely acclaimed Dj, but only the last few so hurry!
  • Endgame: at the Corpus Playroom from the 10th-13th of June, 7pm-10pm. If you fancy a civilised night of theatrical delight this May Week why not watch this post-apocalyptic tragi-comedy by Samuel Beckett. £5 a ticket.
  • Super: at the ADC Theatre from the 10th-14th June at 11pm-00.30am. An exciting looking student written comedy about superheroes and the problems they face. £5 a ticket.
  • INSERT STRAWBERRIES AND CREEM POSTER HERE?!!!

FRIDAY 12TH:

• A Midsummer Night’s Dream presented by The Mighty Players: at Selwyn College Gardens on the 12th-13th of June from 1pm-4pm. Seeing this Shakespearean favourite performed in the beautiful gardens of Selwyn is surely the perfect activity to fill your day.
  • The Coalition: at Homerton College Auditorium from 9pm-10pm (on the 9th-10th and 12th of June). This student-written satire about the eccentricities of the British political situation will no doubt keep you entertained.

SATURDAY 13TH:

• Union Bicentenary Garden Party: in Sidney Sussex Gardens from 2pm: If you are lucky enough to have bought a ticket before this event sold out then you are in for a treat, since plenty of non-alcohol and alcoholic delights have been promised.
  • Clio Garden Party: on Darwin Island from 3pm-6pm. The Cambridge University History Society’s Garden Party is promising plenty of booze, food and entertainment to be had by all.

No May Week is complete without a punt on the river

SUNDAY 14TH:

• PemWoman@30 & SolidariTEA Garden Party: at Pembroke College from 2pm-5pm. Tickets are only £5 for what promises to be the perfect event in appreciation of all feminists. With many acts including Lorelai and acitivites such as open mic, face-painting and a bake-off.
  • Cambridge University Cardboard Boat Race: at Jesus Lock from 2.30pm. Make sure you enter your team into the race beforehand and get ready for the row of your lives.
  • Roots at Fez or Fever at Ballare with Late Nite Tuff Guy: Dance your May Week Sunday night away with either of these fun clun nights.

MONDAY 15TH:

• Cambridge University Law Society Garden Party: at Sidney Sussex Garden Party from 12pm-3pm. Tickets are sold out but if you are going then prepare for drinks to be flowing all afternoon, a BBQ, cupcakes, henna and face painting to keep you entertained.
  • Pick of the Fringe: at Pembroke New Cellars from 1.30pm. It’s a showcase of all the best acts preparing to playing at the Edinburgh Fringe over this summer, tickets are £4 on the door.

This is, of course, an accurate representation of what garden parties still look like

TUESDAY 16TH:

• Firework Punting: 9.30pm-11pm: Experience the fireworks at St John’s college may ball with Scudamore’s Punting Company for a night to remember.

WEDNESDAY 17TH:

• The Picture of Dorian Gray: in Clare Fellow’s Garden from the 17th-19th of June at 2pm-5pm. Clare Actors perform this Oscar Wilde classic in their beautiful gardens for only 3 days.

Most importantly, make sure you stay in Cambridge for the 24th of June, because who would want to miss out on the chance to swim with dolphins in the Cam?