EXCLUSIVE: UK chart topper to headline Jesus May Ball

Oh Jesus! 

| UPDATED brit awards charts critics choice guitar hold back the river Indie James Bay jesus college june event May Ball rock sticky uk tour

It’s huge. The Tab can exclusively reveal Jesus College’s mammoth headline act as none other than chart-topping heartthrob James Bay.

Needless to say, James is a huge name in UK music right now. His ‘Chaos and the Calm’, released in March, soared to Number One in the album charts.

And he’s clinched Number Two in the fiercely-contested singles charts with ‘Hold back the River’.

Isn’t he just lovely?

As one reviewer for the Tab put it, “the songs he’s released so far have a stripped-down, stark feel, and if you didn’t like ‘Hold Back the River’, well, you probably have no heart. Sorry to break it to you.”

Usually May Ball headliners are either up and coming, or a few years past it, but as winner of the critics choice awards at this year’s Brits as well as a sold-out UK tour (including Cambridge) James Bay is as fresh and current as fresh currants.

Full of surprises

It’s a bit of a game-changer from Jesus, even during a glut of big name acts being announced this week. ‘Hold Back the River’ is a stadium-style crowd pleaser and it’s not hard to imagine the Jesus party-goers with their lighters out for that one.

As with all of these big name announcements, the tickets are all sold out. There are some waiting list spaces available and there’s always the marketplace for any stragglers out there.

Surely none of the colleges will be able to top this one, will they?