What’s On Week 2

It’s spring but raining, what’s on will alleviate, the boredom and stress

culture escape Fitzwilliam Museum revision week 2 what's on

THEATRE

Polis, ADC Bar, Monday 5th at 8pm

Returning to the ADC Bar, some short political plays which, while they may not provide much light relief from your revision, will certainly give you some food for thought

Constellations, Judith E. Wilson Studio, Tuesday to Sunday, except for Thursday at 8pm

One relationship, infinite possibilities and lots of honey. This play was first performed upstairs at the Royal Court, won the Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Play in 2012, and is being performed FREE in Cambridge for you.

FILM

Locke, Arts Picturehouse, on this week

Shot in real time without leaving the confines of a car on the M6, Steven Knight’s Locke has been received to glowing reviews thanks to the incredibly powerful performance of Tom Hardy – surely one of the most talented (and painfully masculine) actors of our generation. Playing at the Arts Picturehouse all week.

Anchorman 2, DVD release

If you fancy something a bit lighter (go on, give that overworked noggin a bit of well-deserved respite) then you’ll be glad to hear Anchorman 2, sequel to the most quoted film of our generation, is released nationwide this week. Worth getting hold of for the fight scene alone, which features more A-list cameos in five minutes than most recent comedy releases combined. Don’t act like you’re not impressed…

MUSIC

The Maypole Folk Club: Sunday Singers’ Night, Sunday 4th May, 9.00pm onwards

Head down to the Maypole for a superb night of folk and ‘possibly your last chance to get folked up before exams’.

Urban Folk Quartet, Tuesday 6th May @ The Junction, Doors at 8pm, £13

Head down to the junction to see yet another night of legendary folk. UFQ are the shit! http://www.theufq.com/

ELSEWHERE

Imponderabilia Launch, Speakers Room at Cambridge Union, Friday 2nd May, 3pm

The official launch of the new Cambridge Social Anthropology journal. Expect free wine, paninis, insights into Berlin’s Electric Dance Music, and the thoughts of a teenage drag queen. Anthropology like you’ve never known it before.

Poussin’s Extreme Unction: a talk, Fizwilliam Museum, Thursday 8th May, 6.30pm

A talk by Professor Eamon Duffy on the controversies surrounding Poussin’s Christian masterpiece (includes reception). Free – but booking essential. Email [email protected].

Credit: Fitzwilliam Museum