The Futureheads to Play Clare May Ball

The Futureheads are the final act to join King Charles and Correspondents as headliners at Clare May Ball 2013.

Cambridge University Clare College Exclusive king charles May Ball the futureheads

The Tab can exclusively reveal that The Futureheads have been announced as the final headline act for this year’s Clare May Ball.

The future headliners will be appearing alongside King Charles and Correspondents, who were announced last week, as reported on The Tab’s May Ball Blog.

This is what happens when The Futureheads are not invited

The Futureheads are a post-punk indie rock band, whose distinctive howling, northern vocals and energetic, twanging guitars received much critical acclaim throughout the noughties.

The band, which originates from Sunderland, headlined at Pembroke May Ball in 2011. They are currently working on their 6th album.

Their biggest hit to date, ‘Hounds of Love’, was named the Best Single of 2005 by NME.

Ross Buckingham, one of the Ents Officers for this year’s Kaleidoscopic May Ball, told The Tab:

“We have certainly gone for a change of tack this year, looking to encourage a festival feel by means of six performance areas, each exhibiting a variety of musical genres until the early hours.

“With plenty of other forms of entertainment to captivate our guests, we are looking to make this year’s Clare May Ball an event that will live long in the memory.”

Earlier this week, King Charles were announced as another headliner

The Tab can now confirm that Tankus The Henge, The Blueswater, Truly Medley Deeply, The Orphans of the Beefy Incident and Myles Sanko will also be performing at the ball on June 17.