Bastille To Play At Queens’

Queens’ May Ball announces its first confirmed act: chart-topping band Bastille.

100 bastille centenary ball committee Exclusive May Week Queens' May Ball

The Tab can exclusively reveal that Bastille will be performing at this year’s Queens’ May Ball.

The South London indie rockers will take to the stage at the sold-out centenary event, which is arguably the hottest ticket in town this May Week.

The announcement comes at a particularly exciting time for Bastille. The band’s debut album, Bad Blood, has today entered the UK album charts at number 1 and their hit single Pompeii currently sits at number 3.

Understandably, Queens’ are delighted to have secured such an illustrious act. The committee told The Tab: “We are excited to announce that Bastille will be performing a very special set at Queens’ May Ball. After gaining a huge following through their high energy live shows and free mixtapes, their singles and debut album have taken the charts by storm. We’re looking forward to their performance being one of the highlights of May Week.”

Jacob Brubert, the President of the Queens’ May Ball Committee, also hinted that there is more to come, describing the band as “one of several entertainment highlights.”

Today also happens to be exactly 100 days before the white-tie spectacular.