Minchin’s Lost His Caius

Britain’s favourite musical comedian has pulled out of Caius May Ball.

caius caius may ball Comedy ents Jonny Singer May Ball Minchin's Lost His Caius Music tim minchin TV

Caius May Ball committee were struck a major blow this morning after it was revealed that comedian Tim Minchin pulled out of their line-up.

The Australian star, who is famous his style of musical comedy, expressed his disappointment and issued an apology on his blog.

He told fans “this was going to be a hoot…the band and I were pumped to be asked and really looking forward to it…Sorrrrrrrry Cambridgians. Hope you have a ball.”

Minchin, 36, who has been hugely successful since his breakthrough show in 2005, revealed on his website that he had landed “an acting role in a TV show” and would therefore be in LA all summer.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnxF_WTOgg

Caius missing out: Minchin in action

Caius May Ball Ents officer Ed Tan told The Tab it was “Disappointing, but this is obviously something pretty big for him. There are expectations now, because Tim Minchin is pretty damn big.

“We’ll be plugging the gap, hopefully with someone just as popular. At this point we’ve got to just try and make it a good night, people are paying £140 for it and we’re going to make it worth coming.”

But with such a celebrated act pulling out, it remains to be seen how the committee will manage to sub him at such short notice.

It’s not all doom and gloom for Caius though, as Minchin did offer some consolation, telling the ball-goers “it’s going to be a ridiculously fun night without me, and the rest of the line-up is deadly”, and adding “next year maybe”.

With Minchin out of Caius May Ball, who’s going to replace him?