Could this be ‘Made in Cambridge’?

Move over Made in Chelsea, Cambridge could be getting its own reality TV show!

best in cambridge Could this be made in Cambridge? geordie shore harry shukman made in chelsea Reality TV Rob Young The Only Way is Essex

Rumour has it that a new Made in Chelsea style reality TV show is coming to Cambridge. 

Talent agency Starnow has put out a request for a camera crew to follow “the life and soul of the 20-somethings of Cambridge” in the same way as popular reality programmes Made in Chelsea and The Only Way Is Essex.

Titled Best in Cambridge, the upcoming series will follow the “love lives, break-ups, elite parties and working lives” of eight to ten Cambridge residents.

The Starnow ad for the Best (camera crew) In Cambridge

At the moment it’s unclear whether any students will take part, but the group reportedly includes an aspiring actor, a nightclub manager, a beauty salon owner, and an investment professional, all “working, living and playing in the Beautiful City.” We’ve never heard it called that either.

Eager for more, we contacted the production company, but so far they’ve declined to comment.

How well the show will compete with its established rivals is up for debate. Tab TV critic and reality buff Rob Young said “this sounds like a bad copy of a bad copy of a reality show.

“I can’t imagine any of the big channels needing to air such rubbish, so this will probably end up on Watch, or failing that Really. Maybe even Blighty, if that still exists,” says Rob.

But this wouldn’t be Cambridge’s first flirtation with the reality TV phenomenon. Last term the Made In Chelsea boys made a guest appearance at the Union, and TOWIE‘s Arg put in a cheeky hello at Life the same week.

Reality TV rehash or not, we’ll still be watching to find out just what goes on at a Cambridge “elite party.”

Right now further detail is as sparse as Ollie Locke’s personality, but you can be sure that The Tab will be doing all it can to find out who the Best In Cambridge really are.