Exclusive: Basement Jaxx Headline Varsity

Basement Jaxx will headline this year’s Varsity Ski Trip, and will be joined by DJ Fresh, Tim Westwood and Ms. Dynamite.

basement jaxx brit awards dj fresh ms dynamite stanton warriors tim westwood val thorens varsity ski trip

The Tab can exclusively reveal that this year’s main act on the Varsity Ski Trip will be chart-topping giants Basement Jaxx.

The dance act will play a DJ set with live vocals to 3,200 eager students at the final night party. The London duo have had hits with singles such as Where’s Your Head At?, Raindrops, Do Your Thing and Red Alert.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_n1FHX3mBw

Basement Jaxx – Do Your Thing

Jaxx aren’t the only big name entertaining students on the slopes. The opening night of the trip will be headlined by DJ Fresh, whose hit Louder reached number one in the UK charts earlier this year. He’ll be supported by breakbeat duo Stanton Warriors on the Alice-in-Wonderland themed first night.

Earlier that day, Radio One DJ Tim Westwood will whet the crowd’s appetite at VarCity, a specially adapted venue which will host après-ski all week.

As the trip draws to a close on Thursday night, we can also exclusively announce that the radioactive-themed final night party will see Ms. Dynamite (eee-ee) warming up for the massive Basement Jaxx, and Parisian electronica band Dirtyphonics playing out the ski trip into the early hours.

Last year’s final night party

Students have reacted excitedly to the news. Claudia Fragoso, a third year from John’s going on the trip, said: “Oh my god! The line up is unreal! Makes up for the [lack of] snow.”

Ed Whittle, a Fitz third year said: “That lineup sounds pretty good, Basement Jaxx are a fairly big name.”

But he added: “I reckon Ms Dynamite is going to bomb though.”

The trip have a history of securing big name acts. Last year Calvin Harris headlined with support from Kele from Bloc Party, while the year before that Pendulum and Chase & Status played.

For those with tickets, the promise of a double BRIT Award winning main act and a crowd of big names should have them raring to hit the slopes.