Mode Mondays

JOHNATHAN ZEMLIK enjoyed cheap booze at MODE Mondays at Revs, but complains about the distinct lack of people.

Dance Homerton Mode Mondays Revs RnB university

Monday nights at Revs

DISCOUNT: £1 off with a Tab Offer here

PROMOTIONAL

For many students, Revs is an aesthetically pleasing and comfy club, but it certainly isn’t a hot spot. However, I reckon it could soon become the place to hang out, what with its potent mix of indie, pop and soul music. And it serves pizza all night every night – what’s not to love?

Yes, people moan about the prices, but that’s exactly why you’d only go to Revs on a MODE Monday, when the prices are so low they would make Che Guevara blush. With Stella from £1.50 and VKs and Jaggerbombs at just £2, there’s something for everyone.

Revs has a friendly and upbeat atmosphere, which really does make you feel like you’re getting more than you pay for. And it’s not as dark and dingy as Life or Fez. Although it does kind of feel more like a restaurant than a club, eating food before you head to the dance floor is a novel way to whisk that lovely lady in your life off her feet. Definitely a place to start a night, especially if you miss the pre-lash!

At the moment though, there is one thing missing: the people. Yes, the toilets were clean, but that was due to underuse not excellent management. Despite the potential, there was a distinct lack of punters at Revs on Monday.

And I don’t really understand why. The price on the door seems no worse than other clubs in the city and if you bring your friends, Revs potentially offers a better prospect in return. It seems like the perfect venue for a swap.

So, don’t believe the Tsarist propaganda and give it a chance; storm the winter palace and launch your very own Revolution! Just remember to bring your friends. After all, you can’t have a revolution without the support of the people.