Honeymoon’s Over For Student Love Site

As Cambridge matchmaking service ‘Beginning, Middle, End’ enters its second phase, The Tab takes a sneak peek at some of the best love notes so far.

anonymous pigeon Beginning Middle End censor creepy love necrophilia oliver rees olly rees Papatya Sutcliffe Texts true love

Cambridge on-line romance site Beginning, Middle, End has moved on to the second stage of its bid to help students find The One.

The website allows users to anonymously communicate with, and hopefully woo, the girl or boy of their dreams.

Set up by Jesus student Olly Rees earlier this month, the project started sending namelss texts via the website to the sweethearts in question.

And it’s been a huge success. Beginning, Middle, End has sorted through and, sometimes had to censor, over 800 texts.

The Tab has been granted access to some top picks. Here’s a selection, including some texts never sent “because they were just too creepy.”

They range from the amusing:

To the mildly insulting:

To the plain weird:

Will true love blossom? Rees told The Tab: “The aim of the project is to create and show real love stories, not true ones. Real love stories seem better to me than ‘true love.’

“At the moment what the project is hopefully doing is making some moments slightly more exciting or interesting as people realise that others really care about them.”

Although the website has been popular, some reactions have been more positive than others. Heather Shand, a Corpus second-year said: “It’s actually quite creepy. Really creepy.”

The new ‘Middle’ phase lets students send a flower and a note to their beloved, with echoes of last year’s Anonymous Pigeon, another of Rees’ projects.

The ‘End’ stage will be revealed on 2nd November, which will doubtlessly present all-new inventive opportunities for stalking, in-jokes, and maybe even the l-word.