Exclusive: Udderly Terrifying

Queens’ students were charged by a herd of crazy cows last Monday, leaving one student with a dislocated shoulder.

charging cows dislocated shoulder grace brown granchester injured injury monday Newnham Queens' senior tutors sophie hoare

A Queen’s student was left badly injured after narrowly escaping being trampled by crazy charging cows.

Two Queens’ students were walking along a public footpath leading from Grantchester to Newnham at around 8pm last Monday when they were unexpectedly charged by a herd of angry cattle.

The pair tried to escape by running towards a nearby cattle grid, but one of them fell and badly dislocated his shoulder, leaving him helpless on the ground.

Luckily, he was saved from more serious wounds after his friend bravely scared the cows away by shouting loudly and waving his arms about.

Killer cows on the loose

Queens’ Senior Tutor sent an email to students warning them of the danger and praised the students quick thinking, saying his shouts and waving: “probably prevented the injured student from being trampled where he lay.

Students and fellows were also advised to avoid walking on the footpath until the cattle have been moo-ved.

The Senior Tutor said the police have been informed of the incident, but it is not known if any cows have been arrested.

It’s not the first time the antisocial animals have alarmed passers-by. Sophie Hoare, another student at Queens’, told The Tab that cattle in the same area were very unnerving to walkers as they were prone to roaming all over the paths.

She said: “I definitely think it’s an important issue that people need to be aware of, mainly because it would be such an unexpected thing to happen!”