Emma Grad Runs For Meerkat Ambassador

A graduate of Emmanuel is aiming to become the UK ambassador of fictional country Meerkovo as part of a competition run by comparethemeerkat.com.

comparethemarket comparethemeerkat emma emmanuel Glastonbury meerkat meerkovo mongoose wimbledon

An Emmanuel graduate is aiming to become the first ambassador for fictional country Meerkovo, as part of a competition run by comparethemarket.com.

Philippa Dunjay, who graduated in 2010 from Emma, is running a campaign to work with the infamous Aleksandr Orlov as the UK Ambassador of Meerkovo. She has made it to the final six in what she describes as a “huge national competition.”

Comparethemarket.com shot to fame with its spoof adverts for comparethemeerkat.com fronted by the now famous Aleksander Orlov, a meerkat with a fondness for the phrase “simples”.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ust9YBlEfY

If Philippa wins she’ll be touring the UK over the summer, including visits to Glastonbury and Wimbledon. She’ll be raising awareness of “Meerkovo’s plight;” according to Philippa, the town is “under a dark cloud” due to people confusing comparethemarket.com and comparethemeerkat.com, somewhat catastrophically leading to the village’s servers becoming clogged up.

As part of her bid to win the competition Philipa has released a video of herself, apparently kidnapped by “filthy mongooses and duct-taped to a chair.”

It’s unclear why mongooses, traditionally the enemy of snakes, have taken offense at meerkats. The meerkat is actually in the same family as the mongoose in the animal kingdom.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cnz8Msmj4&feature=player_embedded

Philipa has a Facebook event supporting her bid and has pledged to 50p to charity for every member of the event if she wins, and will even give away an iPad to one lucky ‘Attending’ person.

Scientists, great politicians, comedians… the list of the amazing occupations of Cambridge graduates goes on and on, but an ambassador to a fictional meerkat town is surely something new to add to the list.

You can vote for Philipa HERE.