Exclusive: Chase & Status Headline Downing

The Tab can exclusively reveal that drum & bass duo Chase & Status will headline this year’s Downing May Ball.

chase and status Corn Exchange downing Gig Google headline May Ball website

Chase And Status are set to headline Downing’s May Ball, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

The drum & bass duo, who played Cambridge’s Corn Exchange last term, are set to play top of the bill at Downing’s ‘Olympus’ themed May Ball on Tuesday 21st June.

The revelation came after the band accidentally posted the gig on their website, not realising it was meant to be secret. The listing was promptly taken down after Downing’s May Ball Committee complained, but it remained on Google’s Cache.

Google record the band’s gaffe

Dowing’s May Ball President Sophie Wawro said she could neither confirm nor deny the band were booked, but Chase & Status are understood to be in the final stages of negotiations with the college.

The London drum & bass group, whose hits include ‘End Credits’, ‘Blind Faith’ and ‘Let You Go’, have had 3 number ones on the UK Dance Chart and their latest album ‘No More Idols’ was certified Gold after the first week of sales.

On hearing the news ex-Tab columnist and Downing student Louise Ripley Duggan said: “Oh my god! That’s massive, how the fuck did they wrangle that one? Sophie Wawro is a genius!”

2nd year Downing Lawyer Namdi McEwen agreed saying: “That’s ridiculous! That’s awesome! They’re on Radio One’s Big Weekend aren’t they? So for us to get them that’s amazing. ‘Time’ which is on Radio One’s live lounge at the moment is probably my favourite track right now.”

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwD1vQ_Gw2A

Chase & Status’ hit ‘End Credits’, which reached No. 9 in the charts

Downing, who hold their Ball bi-annually, have a history of hiring top dance acts for their May Ball. Their last Ball in 2009 was headlined by Pendulum with support from Utah Saints.

READ: Jake Alden-Falconer’s interview with Chase & Status HERE.