Theatre Guide Dog: Week 0

Theatre’s back, and so is THE THEATRE GUIDE DOG. He spent the vacation revising biting and snarling – reader caution advised.

ADC theatre Easter Honk Irish National Theatre Tab Offer Terminus theatre guide dog

Happy Easter I guess. No Passion Plays this week, which is a missed opportunity for either topicality or blasphemy, depending on your outlook. If you can stop gorging yourself on chocolate for long enough to watch a play, your vacation-slackened brain only needs to deal with a choice of two. The choices will eventually get harder, so enjoy the simplicity while it lasts.

Terminus 28th- 30th April

The Irish National Theatre stop off in Cambridge somewhere between their sold-out New York run and the Sydney Opera House. For anybody who’s been surviving on pale-green amateurish imitations of ‘Irish Writing’ during their time in Cambridge, this ought to be a cut above. Terminus tells the story of a supernatural night in Dublin (nothing to do with excessive Guinness) through three lyrical monologues. All sorts of papers have liked it, but the most important voice (you guessed it) is yet to be heard. The show carries a warning of ‘violent descriptions’, so harden up your ears before you go.

Arts Theatre at 7.45  £10-25

Quote ‘Tab Offer’ when booking to get exclusive student tickets for £10

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIgkYRlMwP0

HONK! 26th-30th April

This aggressively-titled musical retells the story of the Ugly Duckling by way of a troupe of local amateurs pretending to be sentient animals, a practice of which I thoroughly approve. Simple farmyard pleasures will remind you of the glorious outdoor springtime fun you won’t be having this term. It’s billed as a ‘family’ show, but I can quite confidently say that it won’t be too simplistic for you.

ADC at 7.30 £10-12