No Kidding Around As Cam Goat Wins

Cambridge romped to victory in the annual Goat Race on Saturday, remaining undefeated and proving their superiority over The Other Place.

anthony goh boat race cambridge goat race Cambridge University goat race oxford university spitalfields city farm stoat race varsity match

Cambridge smashed Oxford in Saturday’s Goat Race,  once again showing their sporting dominance in front of a bumper crowd – and this duel was personal.

Against the backdrop of other Varsity events in London this weekend, the Cambridge goat romped home in a world record time of 56.9 seconds to remain undefeated, notching up a hat-trick of wins.

The contest itself was close. The Other Place were eventually left to rue their competitor’s need for a poo in the first bend of the race, which left said goat unable to catch up with Cambridge’s determined competitor, who heroically refused to buckle to the call of nature.

A vibrant crowd roars Cambridge on to a storming victory

And the victory was all the sweeter for Cambridge since the goats are brother and sister. Race founder Anthony Goh told Oxford student paper Cherwell that there had already been “tension in the paddock” last week.

Over 700 excited spectators turned out to support their goat at Spitalfields City Farm in East London. They enjoyed the delights of goat-related activities throughout the day, from the ‘Nice Butt Contest’ to the ‘How Low Can You Goat’ competition.

The festivities even included the first ever Stoat Race, giving Oxford the chance to make up for the main event with an impressive victory. But there was no stopping Cambridge’s dominance of the showpiece event of the weekend.

The winner even had enough left in the tank to give a victory parade for joyous fans

Cambridge’s goat was unavailable for comment, but second year medic Rahul Chattopadhyay was delighted with the result, telling The Tab: “This was a brilliant victory in the most important Varsity match of the weekend.”

After disappointment on The Thames this weekend, students can take solace in the pride of Cambridge’s goating reputation staying safe for another year.