Tahsin Hat-trick Sinks Caius

Jesus and Homerton win to leave Caius, and possibly Christ’s, in a relegation scrap.

Adam Tahsin caius football chris blucke college football first division football Homerton homerton football jesus football Ryan Stevens

Jesus overcame the suspension of goalkeeper Justin Maini to produce a convincing 4-2 victory over Caius.

With the Caius pitch deemed frozen, the match was moved to Jesus at the last minute. Nevertheless, Jesus started strongly and missed an early chance to take the lead when a cross from the right was headed narrowly over.

Despite the bobbly surface, the hosts moved the ball well along the defence, as they sought to release the pace of their wingers. This created space for striker Adam Tahsin, who notched his first goal of the season with a left footed strike from the edge of the area.

And it was not long before a buoyant Tahsin was able to grab his second, capitalising on a quick free kick to double the advantage, and his personal tally.

Jesus were pegged back shortly after however, when Caius forward Scrase was adjudged to have been hauled down in the box. Deputising keeper Tom Lee was unable to keep out the resulting well taken penalty, and the visitors were back in the game.

After a shaky start to the second half the home side found their feet once again, with Rob Stevens getting in behind the Caius defence and crossing for Chris Blucke to convert from eight yards.

The PWC Division One Table pending a few delayed results

Tahsin then sealed his hat-trick with the second penalty of the match, much to the delight of the Jesus faithful, and in doing so put Jesus 4-1 up, and seemingly out of sight.

A moment of sloppiness allowed a determined Caius to claw a goal back, but there were few further chances as Jesus held firm for a 4-2 victory.

A confident Jesus team have now recorded back to back victories and will look to continue their form in the Cuppers next weekend, when they face third division Clare.

Caius on the other hand find themselves with a real relegation scrap on their hands, just one point ahead of St. Catz who are now one game up.

The day’s other big winners were Homerton, who stormed past Christ’s 4-0. A hat-trick from captain Ryan Stevens and a fourth from Barney Mayles mean that Homerton are still contesting second place, but their hosts are still looking over their shoulders.

Homerton were once again dominant as they push for second place.

Christ’s sink below Jesus, and will need to pick up some results soon if they are to avoid being caught by Caius or Catz, who have one and two games in hand respectively.

St. Catz will have to play one of those games against top of the league, Trinity, however.  A match report of their outing in the Super-Cuppers this weekend will be available soon…