Cam Restaurant Gets Two Michelin Stars

Cambridge restaurant Midsummer House has become one of only 16 restaurants in the UK to retain two Michelin stars.

crab east anglia food menu michelin star midsummer house quails eggs Restaurant river cam uk Van of Life

Cambridge restaurant Midsummer House has retained its second Michelin star for the seventh year running.

It may not be up there with The Trailer of Life on your list of food hotspots in Cam, but this restaurant must be doing something right.

Situated overlooking Midsummer Common and the River Cam, Midsummer House is one of only 16 restaurants in the UK and Ireland to hold two Michelin stars.

Michelin award between one and three stars to restaurants, only awarding them to restaurants of outstanding quality.

One star indicates a “very good cuisine in its category,” while a two-star ranking represents “excellent cuisine, worth a detour.”

Midsummer House’s menu boasts fancy dishes such as “cannelloni of Cornish Crab” and “poached quail’s eggs.”

A press release from the restaurant states that it is “delighted to have retained its second Michelin star for the seventh year running” and is “proud” to be the only two Michelin starred restaurant in East Anglia.

Head Chef Daniel Clifford thanked “all of his guests who have supported us over the years.” Abbie Lawson, who deals with reservations at the restaurant, said that Midsummer House is “extremely glad” to have kept the two stars.

In celebration of the achievement Midsummer House has created the Midsummer’s Night Menu which is a four course set menu price at £39.50 per person and is available Tuesday – Thursday.