Flower Power

We show you how to find Cath Kidston Florals for a fraction of the price

Budget cath kidston cheap floral highstreet spring fashion

Every summer all the high street stores decide some designer look is going to be ‘in’ that season, all make versions (Topshop’s will be pretty good, New Look will get the colours kind of wrong, and Matalan will make a valiant but ultimately embarrassing attempt), and we resolutely ignore them. Think Henry Holland slogan t-shirts, DKNY boyfriend jeans and don’t ask me who started it but there was a whole lot of neon going on last summer.

But hallelujah, this spring/summer, the shopping gods in the sky have picked Cath Kidston florals. And it’s Cambridge perfect. Modern chintz is a strictly young-persons only trend: if your mum tries it, she’ll just look like she’s wearing the sofa. Those soft pinks and blues complement a clear, pale complexion, which is useful given the distinct lack of sunbathing we will be doing during exam term. Big prints are extremely forgiving on the figure if you will be joining me in gobbling a packet of HobNobs most nights in the name of ‘energy for revision’.

And it’s everywhere. So for the budget friendly option, just swap Cath Kidston for New Look. Which will save you enough to get the matching bag. And purse. Here are some of the best knock offs if your student loan doesn’t stretch to the real thing.

Cath Kidston – £55 vs. Primark £9.99

Cath Kidston £95 vs. New Look £12

Cath Kidston £25 vs. Urban Outfitters £20

Cath Kidston £95 vs. New Look £22