BARBOUR-ama

The Barbour jacket: the perfect practical-meets-insouciant, steal-your-boyfriend’s-clothes-and-still-look-mussed-up-sexy type garment…

alexa alexa chung barbours jackets rain TRENDS

I just have to ask, when did Barbours become the height of edgy cool? They are DOMINATING the streets of Cambridge, and are the perfect practical-meets-insouciant, steal-your-boyfriend’s-clothes-and-still-look-mussed-up-sexy type garment. By definition, the irritatingly stylish Alexa Chung has been seen out and about in hers, looking chic and gamine to boot.

Therefore I must admit to having been a little bit hesitant, but having done my research, am loving the country cool look, especially on discovering the amazing panoply of ‘ironic’ coloured Hunter wellies (warning: do not wear these with your Barbour). As someone from the country (field and farms and everything, honest), I am delighted that Barbours are being given a new lease of life, and having checked out a surprisingly flashy website, I am practically persuaded.

They are a tad expensive, but think of them like the perfect biker jacket: classic, awesome, and they’ll NEVER go out of fashion (guaranteed, this garment will last longer than you will). So get keen, and steal your dad’s. Extra points if you ‘borrow’ it from your grandfather. Warm, practical, and a nod to the Cambridge fash pack, I’m SO THERE if I can get over smelling like a wax crayon the whole time.