Top Trends for NYE

Going to a fabulous New Year’s Eve party but not sure which dress to wear? The TAB is here to help guide you through the top trends at the moment. […]

asymmetric brights dresses lace NYE party sequins

Going to a fabulous New Year’s Eve party but not sure which dress to wear? The TAB is here to help guide you through the top trends at the moment.

Sequins

Why not sparkle (literally) in the spotlight in a sequin dress? It’s one of the last chances to catch this fabulous trend before a new style season begins.

Think of the sequinned dress as a chance to complement this season’s overriding black/studded/leather/tough theme: injecting essential glitter and shine to an otherwise heavy and potentially monotonous look.

Check out:

FCUK Spirit Dress £260

We love the intricate embellishment and beautiful spectrum of colours.

ASOS Animal Sequin Bandeau Dress £55

This jazzy ASOS number was worn on the cover of November Vogue.

Asymmetric

Look swanky in a one shouldered dress.  Increasingly seen on the red carpet in recent years, they’re a great option to instantly inject your look with a “couture” edge. Asymmetric dresses look best with feminine details such as draping, bows and ruffles which transform them from “pointlessly one-shouldered/ did you lose half your dress?” to inexplicably gorgeous…

Check out:

FCUK Dotty Dress £55 – it’s even reduced from £75 (as if we needed any more incentive to buy!)

Lace

Sophisticated, demure, yet sexy, lace is always a good choice for the evening. Black lace, especially over a pale metallic underlay, is a safe bet to keep the look classy instead of trashy.

Check out:

TFNC Bodycon Metallic Lace Dress £45.00

Brights

Attention-grabbing brights are another exciting option for NYE. Pick a simple silhouette, especially strapless, and accessorize minimally: you want to look a vision without blinding anyone!

Check out: Lipsy Strapless Studded Pocket Dress £65.00