Footie Blue’s howler of a headache

A football Blue has been put out of action after hospitilising himself twice in a week from drunken head injuries.

| UPDATED Blues football football Queens'

A member of the Blues football team has suffered BRUISING TO THE BRAIN after partying a touch too hard this fresher’s week.

Two terror tumbles just seven days apart saw Matt, 20, hospitalised TWICE in one week.
The first accident occurred as a merry Matt queued for Cindies nightclub after a rowdy evening in his favourite Indian restaurant. Matt took a frightful fall down the stone stairs, knocking himself out and horrifying onlookers.
Paramedics were called immediately. Matt told The Tab, “I don’t remember anything at all. One minute I was throwing my curry in the Mahal and the next I woke up in Addenbrooke’s with a drip in my arm.”
The incident left Matt, who plays centre forward on the University squad, sporting a significantly noticeable scar over his right eye.
Despite being prescribed a large dose of rest and relaxation, the fun loving lad could not resist an evening out just days later.
Following another night of drunken debauchery, Matt was perched on a table in Market Square when he fell backwards and smashed his head on the pavement.
He was again whisked to Addenbrooke’s, where doctors found that Matt had bruised his brain.
His injuries have forced him to stop playing Blues football, but Matt expects to be back on the pitch later this week.
The brain bruising also made Matt miss 17 lectures. A fellow 3rd year at Queens’ commented, “he’ll be in a low state of mental awareness for two weeks”.
Matt, a 3rd year Queens’ economist, is President of his College’s drinking society, the Cherubs. Founded as a dining society in 1895, former Cherubs include Stephen Fry, the first British man in space, Michael Foale, and current President of Queens’ College Lord Eatwell.