Brookes Union has launched a petition for a no detriment policy

They are also requesting rent refunds

Brookes Union posted on their Facebook page today that they have listened to the requests of Oxford Brookes students and have launched a campaign to get a “no detriment policy or academic adjustment policy immediately”, along with other demands from students.

The campaign, called #BetterForBrookes, lists the following demands in the Facebook post:

“Implement a no detriment policy or academic adjustment policy immediately and give deadline extension on dissertations and coursework in semester two. Rent refunds for all students in Brookes Halls, third party halls and those renting from private landlords and reduce university tuition fees. Provide better access to libraries, and increase the amount of wellbeing provision and better support for healthcare students and students on placements.”

To find out more, you can go to the Better for Brookes page linked here.

Brookes Union have also launched a no detriment policy petition, and also want Oxford Brookes to “offer uncapped resits for students immediately.” You can sign the petition here.

The Better For Brookes page also says how you can show your support by signing the national petition “for a tuition fee refund for all students nationwide.” You can sign this petition here.

A spokesperson for Oxford Brookes University said: “We’re currently considering a number of approaches and interventions to ensure all students are supported through their studies for the remainder of the academic year.”