There have been 31 confirmed cases this week at Oxford Brookes

30 cases were students, and one was a member of staff

Oxford Brookes emailed students today with their weekly update on positive coronavirus cases at the university.

In the email, Oxford Brookes confirmed: “In the seven days up to 30 October, we have been notified of 31 confirmed cases at Oxford Brookes. 30 of these cases were students and one was a member of staff.”

They further said: “Of the 31 cases, 28 are attributed to Oxford City, one to other districts within Oxfordshire, and two to Swindon. ”

The email went on to say: “We welcome the continued decrease in the number of new cases and would like to thank everyone for their ongoing efforts to reduce transmission. Please continue to follow the local restrictions that are in place and follow the new national restrictions that will come into force at midnight tonight.”

Oxford Brookes later said in the email: “The Government has now written to all students in higher education to advise them that they should remain in their student accommodation and continue to learn at university for the remainder of the term – you should not return home to your permanent, home address. This is to help prevent any further spread of Covid-19; any movement around the country increases the risk to family and friends. ”

They also reminded students that: “You should inform the University using the new Coronavirus reporting form immediately if you have received a positive test, or if you need to self-isolate, this will allow us to contact you and check whether you have any support needs that we can help with.”