Brookes’ Vice Chancellor confirms that the academic year will start in September as scheduled

Online provisions are being planned and prepared

An email from the Vice Chancellor Group at Oxford Brookes has confirmed that the new academic year will start in September as scheduled.

This news has been revealed after other universities such as Kings College London have received leaked emails revealing that lectures will be online until January 2021. 

An email from the Vice Chancellors Group stated: “After careful consideration of various scenarios and government advice, VCG has agreed that the new academic year will start in September as scheduled.

“However, we need to be mindful that social distancing measures may remain in place and further periods of increased restrictions may be required.

“Therefore, VCG has asked Academic COVID, led by Anne-Marie Kilday, to begin preparation for September by planning for online provision, which would either completely replace face-to-face teaching or be used alongside some face-to-face teaching methods.”

University staff have been asked in reply to this message from the Vice Chancellor Group to provide their views of the best ways to maintain the teaching quality through online face-to-face methods.

Photo credit: MNB on Facebook

Know something? Send tips to [email protected]

Want to break stories like this? Join the team! Message us via DM @thebrookestab or The Tab Brookes on Facebook

Related stories recommended by the writer:

Brookes are refunding halls residents forced to move out due to the pandemic

Brookes decide to adopt safety net policy a week after saying they wouldn’t

11 things Brookes students can do to cope with quarantine boredom