Image may contain: People, Costume, Clothing, Apparel, Face, Human, Person

Brookes suspends all university travel to China

All non-essential travel to China is suspended

The outbreak of the coronavirus is now deemed a global emergency. Though there have been no reports people dying from the virus outside of China (according to the WHO), the virus has spread to several other parts of the world.

Consequently, Oxford Brookes University has followed the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to suspend any non-essential travel to all of mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao).

Though the risk to the UK is currently low, with only two people being confirmed to have the coronavirus in the UK, anyone who has returned from Wuhan within the past 14 days are being advised to stay inside, avoid contact with people and to contact their GP or NHS 111 to inform them of their travel.

Brookes Communications sent out an email to all students on January 29, saying anyone who has concerns about how the suspension may impact their studies should contact their Course Tutor.

They said: "The situation is subject to constant review; please refer to Public Health England advice online and FCO for the most up-to-date information.

"International students can contact the Oxford Brookes International Student Advice Team on: [email protected] uk for advice.

"For further support, all students can also contact our Wellbeing Team on: [email protected]."

Featured image via SWNS stock image.