Image may contain: Alcohol, Drink, Beverage, Glasses, Accessory, Accessories, Face, Electronics, Screen, Display, Monitor, Party, Person, Human

Here’s why you should write for The Brookes Tab

Basically it’s really fun and alcohol is involved

The Brookes Tab are hosting an open meeting on October 7th at 19:00 in the Brookes student union bar for brand new writers!

We break the biggest stories on campus, have regular socials and have we mentioned it looks great on a CV?

No experience is needed, we're just looking for keen writers with the chance to progress to editors when roles are announced. Here's just a few reasons why you should write for The Brookes Tab this semester:

To write stories students care about

Image may contain: Person, Human, Vehicle, Automobile, Car, Transportation, Door

Last term we reported on the devastating news of Purple Turtle closing down (RIP). As well as reporting on a breaking news piece about a stabbing on Southfield Road.

Let's not forget the iconic and regular Clubbers of the Week.

We also get opportunities to attend anticipated events such as Gentlemen's Fight Night. Which includes everything from best dressed to the tea from the event. Which you'll find throughout the year on our Instagram!

To start a career in journalism

Image may contain: Church, Clock Tower, Bell Tower, Architecture, Steeple, Spire, Tower, Building

Tab writers have gone onto write for The Times, The Telegraph, Vice, The Sun and The Mail to name a few.

Flo Perry, Editor at Buzzfeed, and a former Durham Tab writer said: “The Tab is a unique platform for students to get their voice heard. There is no other organisation offering such creative freedom with such a big audience. It was the most fun thing I did at uni, and I wouldn’t have the job I have now without it.”

Other Tab alumni have gone onto write for UK Vogue (Ellie Pithers, The Tab Cambridge, ‘11) as well as the New Statesman (Patrick Maguire, The Tab UCL, ‘16).

To meet new people and have fun

At the end of it, it's all a bit of fun and a chance to meet people who share the same passion. We do go out too, we're not that boring. Regular socials is what keeps us sane through exam season.

Sign up here, join us at the open meeting or contact our Editor in Chief at [email protected]