Image may contain: Sliding Door, Footwear, Window, Door, Apparel, Clothing
Breaking News

Police called after a stabbing on Southfield Road

One man has been left in critical condition

Two men were stabbed at roughly 11:30pm yesterday evening on Southfield Road after a fight broke out.

We spoke to Katie, a student at Brookes and one of the first at the scene. She said "I was in bed and my flat mate came and knocked on my door shouting "help someone’s been stabbed”…We ran out to the front of Sinnet and there was a man lying on the ground covered in blood, not talking and looked lifeless! I stayed with him to make sure he stayed awake and he couldn’t tell us anything, he couldn’t even talk…The scene was horrific."

Both men were in their early 20s, and were taken to the JR hospital where it has been released that one has sustained life-threatening injuries.

It is believed that a group of up to ten men were seen fleeing the scene. A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and is currently in police custody. The police are appealing to locals in order to further their investigation.

Brookes third year, Sahra Khaneghah, told The Brookes Tab: “I left Sinnet Court at 10:30 in the morning and they were stopping students asking for our details. Some were even being escorted down the road. There was police everywhere.”

Brookes Student Union have emphasised the use of the Brookes Union Safety Bus which is available from 9pm – 3am, Monday, Wednesday – Saturday.

Thames Valley Police said: "Witnesses to this incident are urged to call 101, quoting URN 1564 (27/2).

"Alternatively, please call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or make a report online."