Brookes is the sixth worst uni for student satisfaction with mental health services

According to our Mental Health Rankings 2017

Oxford Brookes is the sixth worst university in the UK for student satisfaction with its mental health services, our Mental Health Rankings 2017 have found.

Only 10 universities spend less per student on their counselling and wellbeing services' than Brookes' £15.20.

The Tabs Mental Health Rankings 2017 is the only study to assess UK universities ability to care for student with mental health issues. You can see the full rankings here.

Image may contain: Urban, Town, High Rise, City, Apartment Building, Housing, Building, Fence

Now in their second year, the rankings cover 47 universities across the country.

The rankings pull together information about how well universities fund their mental health services, how long students have to wait for help, and how satisfied students are with their universities mental health services.

Over 9000 student completed our mental health survey this year, and told us about their experiences.

Universities have a responsibility to care or their students, and mental health falls squarely under this. We're aiming to paint the truest picture of mental health at university, and how its handled.

Only 12 other universities spent less per applicant to the university's services, with Brookes spending £233.23. The national average spending on a student applying foe services is £325.90.

These results give Brookes a finance score of 12.37 out of 40, well below the national average of 17.29. Our satisfaction score was 31.93 out of 40, with only four universities having lower satisfaction rates. The national average satisfaction score was 34.55.

These scores ranks Brookes as 35th out of 47 universities overall.

Oxford Brookes released a statement, saying "The welfare of our students is of the utmost importance to Oxford Brookes. The University has made efforts to ensure its range of wellbeing services are easily accessible.

"The University routinely asks for student feedback, and 98% of students who used the services were satisfied with the arrangements, 99% said they had benefited from counselling, and 100% felt that the counsellor was effective and good at their job.

"Our counselling service has also been able to increase the number of face-to-face and telephone sessions per week this year, to ensure student have access to appropriate help, should they ever need it. We continue to invest in this area to ensure we are meeting students needs."