Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Crowd, Human, Person, People

What it’s actually like being an international student at Brookes

Your first ever VK is a moment you’ll treasure forever

‎Everyone loves telling you about that one time they went to your country

Or when their Grandma or very distant cousin did. You know it's just small talk and it makes British people happy to share their knowledge of the world, but the truth is you don't really care.

You don't know the lyrics to club bangers such as Mr Brightside and you kind of feel left out

You know the struggle of having every single Brit around you screaming at the top of their lungs the lyrics and you just have to pretend to know the words. But let's face it, the amount of times Mr Brightside is played on a night out, so you eventually learn to move your mouth at the right time.

You drink your first ever VK and it changes your life forever

You finally understand the meaning of life; going out on Wednesday night and getting 15 VKs at Fishies. Your next goal for this year is to try out every single flavour, even though everyone knows the blue one is the best.

Image may contain: Festival, Club, Party, Crowd, Bottle, Night Life, Night Club, Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Human, Person, People

Everyone asks you if you know that one friend of theirs who lives in your country

“No honey, I don’t know a girl named Lucy with brown hair living in Montpellier”. For your information, there are 66 million people living in France.

Everyone asks you to teach them something in your language

You hate being everyone's language teacher because they never manage to pronounce anything correctly. But your English bestie knows all the swear words in French, which can be really handy on a night out.

Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Person, People, Human

Even though you are "here to speak English", you still join your native country's society

It is of course just in case of a homesick emergency. But you still go to every social and when you see someone from your country it's like you've known each other your entire life.

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

You can’t differentiate between British accents

No, it doesn’t mean we have to watch The Only Way is Essex with subtitles, but if you ask us the difference between London and Scouse, then we probably have no idea. Even though you really can't tell the difference, everyone else can tell that you're not English and it really upsets you when they do.

You “really want to travel the country” but all you do is stay in your bed all weekend

It was on your bucket list to go see where you're living but life at uni is so much better than anything else that you just don't want to leave. Watching Downton Abbey is like a trip in the English countryside anyway, right?

Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter, Party, Crowd, Human, Person, People

You love when someone actually believes you are English

They can literally make your day just by recognising you as the British person that you are deep down. Let's face it, what is the point of doing everything they do, and not being English?