What Freshers really think of the Brookes SU Elections

The what?

That time of year has come around in which the forthcoming Student Union Election  campaigns become the forefront of student life (not). Seemingly everyone has a friend of a friend they can vouch for to be the next best president, even if all the campaigns are drier than Gandhi’s sandal.

However, a question no doubt on the mind of many freshers is this; ‘What the actual fuck is this all about?’ The answer? Well, unfortunately that’s something you won’t find here. Because, like you, we don’t know either.

After doing some research into what we are supposed to be voting for, the positions students are running for are President of Brookes Union, (big shot) VP of Societies, VP of Welfare, and VP of Academia – all equally as irrelevant to Freshers as each other.  That is unless, there was more information abut the SU and its role in student life.

A fact that is common knowledge however is the fact that our SU is amongst the worst in the entire country, which proves that from a fresher’s enlightened perspective, they should spend more money on giving us what we want. The only slight tribulation we can share in, is that our socially inept Oxford counterparts were ranked behind us so, every cloud.

The few campaigns we have seen have been ultimately disappointing, and unclear on their slant.

It is a rather grey area on whether certain candidates are being deliberately tragically ironic in their campaigns, but what we do know is that it will be very difficult to vote for anyone due to a lack of information and presence on campus.

Following on from this, it would be the most significant discovery of the 21st Century if anyone could name a single fresher with knowledge related to the candidates and their different agendas and manifestos. So, a word of wisdom from your young voters: if you’re trying to win our vote in a bid to change a historically underperforming SU, just give us a fucking nightclub and be done with it.