Jeremy Corbyn was on Cowley road yesterday

He was giving a talk on healthcare

Leader of the Labour Part Jeremy Corbyn was seen giving a talk on Cowley Road yesterday, Oxford’s most popular student area.

He lead a procession of about 200 people down the Cowley Road before giving a talk on the issue in a hall in the Cowley area about cuts to the NHS budget.

Plenty of Brookes students went along to Cowley to have a chat with, and most importantly get a selfie with the popular politician. Corbyn was also knocking on doors, including houses on popular student areas like Div Road trying to gain support from local people.

img_0669

knocking on student doors

He said: “We are now aware, because of a leak, of the sustainability and transformation plans for BOB [Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West]. It means £146m is going to be removed from the health budget for Oxfordshire, £62m of which is on staffing because we are the most expensive commodity the NHS has – but also the most vital.

“Nurses are the most numerous but I expect it will be some physios and radiographers and we may see some doctors as well. It’s going to have a devastating effect.

“Our worry is that this is going to be the end of the NHS.”

carfax-jpg-gallery