Divinity Road house party shut down by the police

It reportedly took twenty minutes to empty the house

Police had to shut down a large house party on Divinity Road, although reasons as to why they showed up are unclear.

The highly anticipated party took place last Friday. Entering the property the revelers were directed outside to the makeshift smoking area, featuring a gazebo with fairy lights and relaxed seating area.

A confused neighbour reported: “I live in the house next door and you could barely hear the carnage, their sound proof system worked well – I don’t understand why the police came.”

Like most successful house parties, it was clear a lot of organisation had gone in to the impressive set up, with the host, a second year Digital Media student, Ed Brook Shanahan’s renowned huge sound system, lasers and strobe lights, boasting a night not to be missed.

Just as the party was reaching full swing, there was a forceful knock of a police officer at the door, bringing the debauchery to a close at the early hour of only 12:30am.

One student said: “The lights came on and the music stopped, everyone kept silent as the word spread about the police.”

Students who were there say it took about twenty minutes to empty the house full of party goers, who accumulated outside in the middle of the road only to disrupt traffic – including the riot van parked outside the house.

Despite the amount of drunk students stumbling around the house, remarkably there was no damage. With all the work that had gone in to the short lived party, it was a night to remember with party guests reminiscing over the nights antics throughout the weekend, commenting “I hope they have another one.”

Those who were in attendance won’t be disappointed with a  final message from the hosts of the house in question: “Until next time”

Thames Valley Police were unable to comment on why the party was shut down at this time.