Brookes students get mullets as alternative to Movember

If you can’t grow a tash, this is for you

Last Thursday a group of Brookes students got their heads shaved into mullets in the middle of Emporium to help raise money for charity.

They raised £300 and are still accepting donations to help raise money for Prostate Cancer UK and the family of Savanaca Koroibulileka.

The Crowd Funding page has also raise an additional £200 and is still looking for donations.

The Crowd Funding page says: “Mulvember – For those who can’t grow a moustache or lack facial hair. This is your chance to get involved without the use of a permanent marker.”

The man behind the Movember alternative is Freddie Cracknell.

With more and more men becoming developing cancer, including prostate, it is an issue that Freddie and his friends saw as something important to get more blokes involved with.

Even those who can’t quite manage suitable stubble.

Freddie and his friends came up with the idea a few weeks ago when they realised how poor their efforts for Movember were last year.

Since they came up with the idea, they spoke to a few big names in Brookes and managed to organise for Vintage Barbers of Cowley Road to give everyone fresh lids last Thursday at Emporium.

With massive popularity and support from those who attended Thursday’s event, it seems like this could be a movement that sticks around, with more guys going for work in the front look, and party in the back look.