Police appeal for information after finding baby’s body in Marston

If you have any information please contact Thames Valley Police

Police are looking for information after a baby’s body was found in Marston on Monday.

It still had the umbilical cord attached and police are worried about the mother, she may have just given birth and be in need of medical attention.

Supt Christian Bunt said: “I’d like to appeal to family, friends, and the local community. We desperately need to locate the mother of the baby.”

He added she may have given birth recently “perhaps within the last week, perhaps alone” and might be “very frightened”.

Thames Valley Police have issued this message:

Thames Valley Police Officers have been in the area of Marston, following the discovery of the body of a baby on  a footpath off Edgeway Road on Monday.

The death is being treated as unexplained. Our priority is to trace the mother of the baby.

This is vitally important as the mother is believed to have given birth recently and it is likely she urgently needs medical help. We need to trace her to ensure she can be checked over and provided with some emotional support too.

They are also calling for friend’s or relatives to come forward to.

Emails were sent to all Brookes students on behalf of Thames Valley Police as they still search for information.

A mobile phone number has been set up for the mother of the baby to call or text to seek help : 07470 911038.

Anyone else with any information can be received calling Thames Valley Police on 101 and quoting 678 of the 29th of February 2016.