Storm Imogen hits Oxford today

Flood alerts are in place and there’s risks of power cuts

Yet another storm has paid England a visit, this time Storm Imogen has hit Oxford.

Umbrellas are turning inside out and hair is flying in the wind as we try make it to lectures on time.

The Met Office has forecast severe winds of up to 70 mph today and will increase throughout the day and into the evening.

They said Oxford will be: “Very windy with further showers through the first half of the night”.

So wrap up on your way to MNB and hold on to your box of chips on the way home, gale force winds are expected.

The wind and rain showers have meant flood warnings are in place but Cowley, Headington and Brookes’ campuses are not yet affected by flood water so there is no excuse not to get to the library today.

Those whose lectures are at Harcourt Hill and Wheatley (sorry) might be running late as Stagecoach announced there will be delays of up to half an hour.

Train companies are also warning that the blustery conditions caused speed restrictions to be in place, slowing things down further.

On top of all this, there is the risk of power-cuts across Oxford so be sure to save your work, especially that dissertation.