VOTE: Oxford’s worst club

Where do you hate to get down?

We already know your favourite, but now The Tab want to find out which Oxford club is the worst.

Wahoo

With two rooms of music, three bars and a host of eager men and ladies dressed as naughty school girls, Wahoo is where a lot of Brookes people end up spending their night. It might have been labelled the easiest place to pull but the aggy customers, sticky floors, cheesy music and cloakroom line arguments could make it the easiest place to hate.

Lola lo’s

Lola lo’s offers a slice of tikki paradise to the dreary English town, but could it be the worst club in Oxford? Is it too small? Too underground? Too much Sean Paul? Is it even big enough to be called a club when you can barely fit a whole sports team in there?

Bridge

Bridge is one of the bigger clubs and has two massive bars and a VIP area with special offers on usually overpriced drinks. Their luxury smoking area complete with heated lamps, sofas and a burger van gives it everything you’d want, but it can be too busy. It’s not the cheapest of Oxford’s clubs, and the fancier dress code isn’t to everyone’s taste.

Atik

That Cheese Floor

If you like being messy, twerking or reaching for the stars, there’s a room for you in Atik. It may be the biggest club in Oxford, but its high prices on a weekend and customers desperate to pull could mean it’s the worst one. What has become of our hallowed Lava Ignite?

PT

Old Man Bridge approved

Let’s face it, Purple Turtle wins the prize for lowest ceilings and smelliest toilets. Yeah it’s fun and cheap, but does anyone else feel like even the walls are sweating in there?

Emporium

Emporium is dressy, classy and clean: a rare find. But, perhaps the suited and booted Oxford students and samey music puts people off.

Thirst

First of all, Thirst is free, it has an outdoor shisha lounge and no one stops you dancing on the tables. But if loads of locals crammed into one room isn’t your scene, this could be the worst club. The music is average, sometimes trying to be something it’s not, and if you bump into someone you know (you will) there really is no escape.

The 02

It’s big. It’s dark. It’s dingey. What more do you need to know.

Plush

Yeah it’s huge, open til late and has a great smoking area. But for Oxford’s only gay club, there is a surprising amount of straight people here.

The Bullingdon

It’s a lot like the O2 but smaller. Is it a club, is it a bar, is it a pub – we don’t know.

Warehouse (RIP)

Despite it’s recent closure, Warehouse was big enough to host fun events like ball pits, a bucking bronco, hook-a-duck and a mini pizza shop. But the sea of sweaty freshers getting with each other and the tiny smoking area might make it to your list of the worst clubs in Oxford. It’s the curse of the location,  Kukui, Junction, Warehouse – every club that’s been here hasn’t lasted longer than a few years.