Gypsy Lane Campus is getting a makeover

Finally

Brookes Gypsy Lane Campus will receive a new main hall to fit in with the refurbished JHBB and Abercrombie site.

Since the re-vamp of the JHBB, Oxford Brookes’ ugly sister of a campus at the old Gypsy Lane site is feeling neglected and plans for construction and refurbishment were set at a recent council meeting.

Oxford City Council are due to approve plans that will see improvements to the car park at the front of the Headington based campus along with general refurbishment to the sorry looking Sinclair Building.

The biggest change will be the construction of an entirely new main hall.

These plans have come about since the success of the newer buildings in terms of improving the reputation of the university.

everyone loves the JHBB

Sprucing up the place should hopefully let Brookes blossom, and be more attractive to prospective students and visitors, in addition to making staff and student life more pleasurable.

Vice-Chancellor of Oxford Brookes, Alistair Fitt, told the Oxfordshire Guardian: “From recent experience, we are well aware of the transformative impact that new facilities and buildings can have on the University’s learning environment as well as the look and feel of the Headington Campus.

“Staff and students benefit greatly from improved campuses and it is important for Oxford Brookes to bring the rest of its estate up to the quality of the award-winning John Henry Brookes Building.”