Queueing has already begun outside Finders Keepers

Students have been there since Sunday

Hopeful residents have been queuing outside the letting agents in anticipation of Finders Keepers List being released tomorrow. 

An article on the Finders Keepers website said they “no longer have tenants queuing overnight“, although those hoping to secure a house for next year started waiting outside the St Clements branch yesterday, two days before The List is due to be released.

Students are filling St Clems with sleeping bags and umbrellas in a fight of who can get there the earliest, and who can last the longest.

The Finders Keepers Headington branch is due to open on December 1st, but when asked if they would be letting houses through it on the day, they responded saying all student lettings would be done through the St Clements branch.

Occupational Therapy second year Kerry said: “I am really disappointed that Finders Keepers has allowed this to happen again.

“They should be opening the Headington branch for the students who want to live in  Headington.”

The Finders Keepers queue outside St. Clems

Publishing Media and Drama second year Bruno said: “I have a mate who was there last night and he got given cookies because a member of the public thought he was homeless.

“Finders Keepers have the best options, but queueing overnight with torrential rain and weather warnings is putting us off.”

The queueing isn’t for everyone however, as Savannah, Publishing and Business second year said: “I tried to go but the queue was too long.”