Everything that has happened and will ever happen on Brookes Snow ski trip

You just have to take the garlic vodka

Whether you’re in it for sports or the booze fuelled holidays, Brookes Snow is definitely one of the craziest societies out there.

You may have told your mum you’re in it for the fitness or the “snow scape scenery”, but we all know you’re snow loving, alcoholic, nudists at the end of the day. Whether you’re part of the society or wasting away your student loan by hitting the slopes with mates, here’s absolutely everything you can expect to happen this year.

1. There’s going to be alcohol and yes, your mates are going to want you to drink it.
  2. There’s nothing better to clear a boozy head than a mid morning ski sesh, and yes, this is actually true.
  3. Social secs are known for acquiring skittle vodka from just about anywhere, so you’d be rude to pass it up.
  4. Shots of just about anything and everything will suddenly appear and you’ll definitely drink them.
  5. Shots such as garlic vodka and baked bean vodka shots may make an appearance. You may as well try them while you’re young.

Your mates will probably end up pranking your apartment

6. “I’m afraid of heights” just won’t cut it. Chairlifts and T-bars are pretty easy and uncomplicated to use. If you’re scared, take a mate.
  7. Whether it’s your first time skiing or you’re a black run genius, you’re likely to end up on the floor, either by fault of your own or as a result of your mates.
  8. You’re going to get bruised. A lot. Whether they’re the result of falling down a mountain or drunkenly trying to find the right chalet in the dead of night, there’s not much you can do about it.
  9. Despite the snow-covered landscape and freezing temperatures, nudity (either partial or full) is usually a must.
  10. When you hear the chant “Brookes get naked” or “There was a Brookes boy on the bus”, nudity soon follows. It’s pretty simple and they’re totally used to it by now.
  11. Das boot – Your typical beer pong but without the plastic cups. Brookes Snow replace them with ski boots … obviously.
  12. Shot ski…?

Imy Awan “Paint me like one of your French girls”

13. Valley Ralleys – either skiing or snowboarding down a mountain with various checkpoint challenges, which can include just about anything. Such as:
  • The cinnamon challenge
  • Getting partially naked for the sake of it
  • Wearing inflatable one piece suits
  • Skiing down mountains on an air bed

14. As a member of a snow society, you must always be on your toes.Finally, Brookes Snow have a simple set of rules:

Mine – If you say  the word “mine” you must do 14 press ups.

Odds on – You give someone a challenge and they give you the odds they will do it, i.e. seven to one and someone counts back from three to one. If you say the same number you have to do it. One guy got “oddsed” on telling three girls he may have given chlamydia to when they were all in the room.

Claim – If you say something and someone says claim you have to try and do it, i.e. if somebody says I could strawpedo a bottle of Desperados in five seconds and someone says claim, they then have to do it.

Bosh – When someone hands you something and says “bosh” you have to try and eat it. Second year Brookes Snow member Bethan was boshed on a ladle of melted cheese: “I can’t look at cheese in the same way again.”

Random object – If someone hands you an object and says random object without you saying anything then you have to keep this object on you for 24 hours.

Golf balling – If you are touching your drink and someone sneaks a golf ball into it then you have to down your drink and get to keep that golf ball. If not, you must mercifully give it back.