Temperatures set to plummet this weekend as snow warnings issued

Get your mittens out

This weekend is set to be a cold one, with snow predicted.

The Met office have predicted a strong wind coming from the Arctic will hit Britain this weekend causing five to 10cm of snow up and down the country after the second-mildest first half of November to date.

Low pressure will be sending this weather towards the South East on Friday night and even carrying on into Saturday morning.

Winter wonderland

This is the first snow warning of the season, bringing with it a big frost and temperatures at night falling below freezing.

Daytime temperatures this weekend will reach less than six degrees during the day.

This wintry spell is also bringing with it icy patches and very strong winds throughout the weekend.

Although it’s unlikely this snow will settle, sleet and small amounts of snow will be seen throughout England and Wales, especially in the North.

Gales will accompany this yellow weather warning issued by the met, possibly reaching 50-60 mph, maybe even 70 across Northern Ireland, Wales and some parts of East England.

Although this is predicted to last less than a few hours, it is suggested to allow extra time for travel delays in local areas.

Temperatures will be back to normal in the first few days of next week, but not quite as mild as what we’re used to so far this winter.