Cowley Road crack dealer pleads guilty to possession with intent to supply

Now what?

A 20-year-old has been sentenced to over two years in a young offender institution after being caught with a bag of crack cocaine.

Kofie John-Welch, of Cowley Road, jumped out of a window carrying nothing but his crack cocaine when trying to run away from police.

Thames Valley Police found a wrap of cannabis, a set of digital scales, numerous mobile phones and other paraphernalia at his home.

Kofie pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply

He pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis and possession with intent to supply of crack cocaine, which amounted to almost 6kg, on Friday.

He also pleaded not guilty of one count of criminal damage to property under £5,000 and obstructing a constable in execution of duty.

For many of us, finding spare cash is difficult, but the young man’s bedroom was a hiding place for £3,736.25 in cash – almost a whole year’s worth of accommodation fees.

On top of the 33 months in a young offender institution, the 20-year-old man was ordered to pay £900 to cover court costs.

Investigating officer, Det Con Oli Jacques, from Banbury Force CID, said: “This conviction and sentencing is an example of the tireless work Thames Valley Police officers do in order to crack down on drugs offences.

“The supply and use of illegal drugs can have a devastating impact on communities and will not be tolerated.”