Brookes breaks into the top 500 unis in the world

Suck on that Nottingham Trent

Brookes soared into the top 500 of the THE world university rankings yesterday.

Oxford Brookes came in the top 60% a little way behind our rivals at The University of Reading who scored in the top 200.

Brookes have yet to break into the top 400 but we can rest at ease knowing that we’re above Nottingham Trent and somehow the Open University.

Poor old University of Westminster came bottom of pile, but the only way is up for them now.

The Times published which universities were voted best across the globe in The Times Higher Education University Rankings.

Founded in 2004, this is the 12th consecutive year The Times have published its statistics. Having first began in order measure university success, its main purpose is to now help prospective students choose the right institution. That and to aid student rivalry, of course.

Competing against 800 other institutions from 70 countries, The Times says that the research behind the rankings is the most ‘comprehensive and international’ it’s ever been. According to their website, the statistics “Provide the definitive list of the world’s best universities, evaluated across teaching, research, international outlook, reputation and more.”

Sam Roberts, a Geography second year summed up by saying, “In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter if your university comes out on top or not. I’m happy with my degree and I’m glad I came to Brookes and didn’t go somewhere else.”