Beware: Uni warn of phony email targeting YOU

Don’t click it

The uni have issues warnings after an email claiming to be from Oxford Brookes circulated yesterday.

The phony email prompted students to follow a fake link and log in to update account details on the university database.

In a statement today the uni confirmed the email was fradulent and instructed students to avoid interacting with it.

Advising students in the wake of the crisis, Union President Andrew Pederson said:

“If you have clicked the link, you are advised to change your Brookes account password immediately using PIP and report the email as SPAM by clicking the exclamation mark button at the top of your email window.

“If you believe you have received any communication that is suspicious, or are concerned about the safety of your account, please get in touch with the IT Service Desk by calling x3311 or using the web portal service.brookes.ac.uk.”

Creeped out second year Charlotte L’Anson was one of many who received the email.

She said: “The emails were really suspicious. They didn’t have the Brookes logo and not everyone got one, which made me less likely to follow the link.”