Beloved Brookes cat run over and left in recycling bin

He was found outside Warneford Halls

Missing beloved local cat Gatito has been found dead after he was run over by a car.

Residents of Warneford Hall thought they had heard the last of the local feline legend on April 5 when he was reported missing.

But shockingly, one student has been accused of mowing down Gatito, removing his collar and leaving him in a recycling bin outside the halls of residence.

Weeks had gone by and the owners have not been contacted. They found the remains of their pet had been “thrown into the bin outside” but were thankful they could say their goodbyes to their “beloved” cat “before the bin men came”.

Posters have appeared which accuse a potential Brookes’ student and resident of Warneford Hall, believed to be driving a Volkswagen Golf, who removed the collar and tracker from the lifeless cat.

Horrified residents of Warneford Hall were left devastated after the mystery of missing cat appears to have been solved.

The most recent update was that this little cats’ adventure’s around Oxford were cut short and Gatito was hit by a car.

Posters and photos were attached to doors, trees and sign-posts near A and B Block, the last known sighting.

We tried to contact Gatito’s owners but they were unavailable for comment.

If anybody has information about the event that occurred early April, do not hesitate to contact Gatito’s owner Sam, at [email protected]