Brookes left devastated at cancellation of Bubble Football

‘Adverse weather conditions’ led to the heartbreaking decision

Brookes SU has a sterling reputation when it comes to arranging quirky events for us lowly students to enjoy.

One such event due to occur yesterday as part of the weekly ‘Tuesday Takeaway’ was Bubble Football.

A record-number of students were eagerly awaiting their chance to bounce about in a ‘huge transparent bubble’. One of which being the famous Will Brookes himself.

It’s a bit like this

On Facebook, only a handful of people had clicked ‘attending’ to the event (although that’s not representative of real life attendance).

Unfortunately, Oxford experienced freak weather conditions the past two nights which meant that stepping out the house proved problematic for most due to the massive 3cm of snow that settled overnight.

This has contributed to the heartbreaking decision to cancel the Bubble Football event.

A devastated long time fan

However, all is not lost, to all you people screaming in despair about missing this tip-top event, STOP.

Brooke’s Union has promised that this highly anticipated event will make a reappearance with which we shall all be awaiting in agonising anticipation.