Meet this week’s BPOC

That’s Big Pet On Campus

Most of you will recall the article last year reviewing the most prominent “big names on campus”. Now it is time to introduce the “Big Pet on Campus”.

Admittedly it is unusual for students to have pets, we’ve seen the likes of hamsters and heard rumours of the occasional dog.

But now please, welcome to the forefront, Khaleesi, Brookes’ own bearded dragon.

B.P.O.C. 2014

What a specimen. The proud owner of this mighty beast has asked to retain his anonymity, however he has had this to say:

“I think there’s a certain level of oneness between me and my lizard, mainly on a spiritual level. To have a controllable ecosystem in my room is also pretty cool; I get to feed her all sorts of insects.”

He further went onto suggest that “the spiritual bond that I’ve achieved with my dragon is one which can only be attained between man and lizard, between student and reptilian brethren.”

Let’s be honest: every man and, indeed, many women can understand the potential bond between humankind and lizard.

History third year Alex Payne said he’s “always had a particular bond with my (his) trouser snake or fac serpentum being the Latin”.

Having a bearded dragon at uni is surely a rare occurrence, so we’ve challenged anyone to find a cooler pet at uni.

Clearly at one with my reptilian brethren (if not a bit scared)

Certainly I found this an intimidating animal at first, but once I reached that “oneness, on a spiritual level” that the owner focused so much emphasis upon, I realised how cool this little lady was.

Khaleesi’s happy owner said: “I’m very happy to acknowledge that my pet is actually recognised as one the coolest pets on campus. But it must be said, for a B.P.O.C to exist there must have been the nurturing care provided by the B.N.O.C. If you have a dog bring it on, I don’t care about cats and you can shove those hamsters where the sun don’t shine.

“This is it, welcome to the real world, when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die.”

So there you have it, we present the first B.P.O.C of 2015: Khaleesi.

If you have any particularly extraordinary pets you think deserve this prestigious title, email [email protected].