Brookes SU to transform John Henry Brookes building with new bar

From September 13th Brookes students will have one more place to enjoy freshers

Brookes SU will have a brand new bar available for students this September, it has been revealed.

After the closure of the Morals bar in Clive Booth back in 2012, Brookes student were left stranded without an official SU bar.

Two years on and the student union have secured a swanky new bar for its students in the multi-award winning John Henry Brookes building.

Morals Bar

The bar will be serving American-diner styled food but more importantly affordable drinks, with Student Experience VP Will Crisp claiming pints will be available for £2.50.

On hearing the news of the new SU bar, the reaction from most students has been positive.

Miranda Pearson,  a 3rd Year architect said that she was looking forward to its opening.

“There was never really any proper student bars in Headington so people may actually go to this one”

The Student Union has yet to release any further information on alcohol prices or deals but have said “The bar will also play host to a wide range activities and events including open-mic nights, acoustic music and pub quizzes.”

What the new SU bar will look like.