Results day failure once more

You had one job Brookes…

Once again 9:30am on results day saw the Brookes system crash under the weight of people trying to log on.

UPDATE: Vice President of the OBSU: Tom Smith has written an open letter to John Raftery, the Vice Chancellor of Student Experience at Brookes University urging him to address the issue with the Brookes system.

The Tab reported back in January that Brookes’ new ‘Results Portal’ had failed to act as promised and it seemed this morning that history was repeating itself. The results portal was declaring itself as not even being open for some people well past the 9:30am deadline.

I’ve been looking at this screen for a while.

Despite cheerful promises from members of the Student Union that changes had been made, the system was unable to cope with the thousands logging on. The best way forward appeared to be going rogue and logging on PIP to collect your results. This worked until that crashed too.

Check PIP for information on the thing that tells you not to use PIP.

For those who have been dealing with Brookes’ system failures for three years it just marked another end of an era.

NO THEY BLOODY CAN’T!

Once again the catastrophic failure of anything to work has led to people calling for a more staggered way of releasing the results, with those collecting end of degree classifications a priority. Perhaps after yet another day of annoyance this idea might finally be listened to by those in charge.

We hope that those of you who’ve managed to actually get the bloody thing to work got all the results you’d ever dreamed of. If you haven’t succeeded in logging on, just give up now and tell everybody you got a first.